Monday, July 30, 2012

Things I Thought I Would Never Do But Ended Up Loving #1: Surfing

For my graduation present, my family took a vacation to Kauai this summer.  We've been there before so we kinda had an idea of where to go, what to eat, what to do. But this time I got out of my box and tried surfing! I'm not a naturally adventurous kind of person and I second-guess myself a lot when trying new things; that's something that I'm getting better at.
Not the prettiest pic, oh well.
I'm the girl in the pink shorts, second in from the left.

I feel so lucky to have had my first lesson in the world famous Hanalei Bay! The time went by so fast-we had some instruction while we were on the beach (they were SO good about covering safety) and then we headed out into the water.  I gotta say, paddling out felt completely natural to me-like it's something that I was meant to do. Standing up? Not so much.  I wiped out more often than not but it was the BEST FEELING EVER to ride a wave in.

So looking forward, I definitely want to keep with it.  Take some more lessons, get my own board, and learn some cool tricks eventually. And Cal Poly has an arts and craft center where I could make my own board!!! Maybe when I get better, yeah? :)


No comments:

Post a Comment