Sunday, September 2, 2012

Happy Labor Day Weekend!

This week has been hectic-and I'm not even in school! There's been some ups and downs and "life intervening" moments so it certainly kept me on my toes.

But let's stay positive and focus on the highlights!

I painted my toenails hot pink-what a departure from my normal teal! It was a "YOLO I'm gonna be fabulous" moment. The color is Miami Nice by Essie-it has a lavender tinge in some lights and it looks so pretty!

My little sister's first day of 7th grade. It's tradition to have chocolate chip pancakes on the first day of school so woohoo!

Another early morning long run. I feel like its against the teenage code to get up at 5:20 to run but then I feel incredible for the rest of the day.  And thank goodness for chocolate Gu! That stuff keeps me going.  I really want to try to do 9 miles next weekend-this was my second 7 miler and I was still exhausted when I finished (so naturally I treated myself to a Jamba protein berry workout smoothie). And yeah I'm super slow, I know.

I got a twitter! You can follow me at @rosyrachelmarie. I'm trying to limit the time I spend tweeting though, not quite sure how I feel about it.  If it's called 'tweeting' does that make me as a user a 'twit'? Funny funny.

Food and friends! I had an end-of-the-summer get-together for a group of friends and OF COURSE had to make food including ribs, pasta salad, fruit salad, cherry cheesecake cupcakes, lemon bars, and cookie/reeses/brownie bars.  Aaaaaand now what to do with all the leftovers. Hm.
Cupcakes!
I don't even know what's happening in this picture.
One of my favorite people, Bridget. What you see here is her trying to eat kettle corn around a tower of flameless candles. 

This morning's workout-part of my 'Strength Sunday' routine.
All with 8lb weights:
10 step back lunge rows on each side
15 side bends on each side
10 forward bends
10 squats to shoulder presses
10 lunges to arm lift
10 pushups

Repeated 3 times, ended third set with 10 squat jumps and 10 burpees. I'm so bad at lifting weights it's ridiculous hahaha.

Today is really exciting-washing my new clothes, practicing my clarinet (college wind ensemble audition coming up soon), and catching up on some reading.  Tomorrow I'm going to watch the NCIS marathon with my sister-maybe I'll try to do some exercises in front of the TV.

Plans for Labor Day? Best way to power through a weights workout and/or long run?




No comments:

Post a Comment