Sunday, August 26, 2012

Everything I'm Excited About In This Very Moment

1. My new nike vomero 7's. They'll be the shoe I run my half-marathon in!  I took them out for a (fartlek) spin and they were absolutely perfect.

2. Surfing trip in Pismo in September.
3. My new nike running capris-best my tush has ever looked! Everything looks so firm and sculpted. Tempted to invest in a second pair.
4. My long run Friday: I went 7.4 miles, tried some vanilla plus caffeine Gu (which kept me perked up) and listened to podcasts (Hypothetical Help is hilarious) which kept me running longer. I always do better when I'm distracted from running which is why I love running with friends. And it was awesome! I came back and had a total endorphin high. Now I finally understand why people go for such long runs. (My previous longest run was a little over 5 miles. Maybe I'll try 9 miles next weekend.)
5. All the books/CDs/movies/books I have from the library! This needs to stop lol.

6. Back-to-school shopping next week.

7. I'll be 18 in 2 weeks! Holy cow. I'm hoping to receive one of these-it would make my long runs a little easier.

8. Meeting my roommate in person at move-in! She seems really nice and like a good match for me.
9. Just everything about Cal Poly! PolyPaws, Distance Running Club, Neuroscience Undergraduate Society, Geek Week, Wind Ensemble, Rec Center (trying everything from swimming to Body Pump)-the list is neverending.

10. BBQ next weekend-a bunch of friends are coming over for a back to school/birthday/end of summer get-together. We're gonna have ribs and pasta salad and fruit salad and a dessert bar. It'll be great.
11. This will sound funny, but I'm already looking forward to winter break! I'll have had finals the week before so I won't have to study at all over break. It'll be the first year in a while that I'll truly be able to enjoy and celebrate the holidays-plus I'll be running my first half marathon the second weekend I'm home, earning myself some serious lazy cozy time the rest of the break.

Have a happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment