Wednesday, August 22, 2012

10 Things I Hate About You

This isn't directed at anyone in particular---I think it could be applied to many situations (boys and frenemies alike). But I watched the movie '10 Things I Hate About You' and started thinking of times in my life when there are things I wish I could have said but never did. This list is a summary of those things.

10 Things I Hate About You:
1. I hate the way you won't even look at me anymore, despite the fact that I know you better than do most of the people in your life.  I could tell you things about yourself that you don't even know, but I will never get the chance to do so.
2. I hate the way you used to fill me with the warmest, most wonderful feelings and in a matter of seconds, you took it all away.
3. I hate how even when we were close, you never remembered what's important to me and what goes on in my life (even when I told you multiple times).
4. I hate the way you lost yourself when you started drinking in college, and that's driven me away from you.
5. I hate how inconsistent you are. I never know where I stand with you, and you're never willing to communicate that with me.
6. I hate that I don't even know who you are anymore.
7. I hate how somedays I miss you quite a lot, but other days there's not a four-letter-word in the world that I wouldn't throw your direction ('jerk' being one of the more tame ones).
8. I hate that you never follow through on things you say you'll do (especially when it's anything that involves making an effort in our...friendship?).
9. I hate how you've fooled me for years with your deceit and lies.
10. I hate that we will probably never be close again, even if we do get back on speaking terms.

Not the most uplifting, but they were things I needed to get off my chest eventually and they came directly from the deepest, darkest, most hidden part of my heart.

Basically, all it comes down to are a few things (Pinterest always has some wisdom to learn from):

And of course
Speaking of which, my Zappos order should be here any minute. New shoes make me happier than a bird with a french fry.

Adios!




No comments:

Post a Comment