Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Ermergerd Bernerner Bread!

One of the holy trinities of flavors: chocolate, peanut butter and banana-now combined in bread form!

The official recipe will going up on my recipe page (whenever I figure out how to set it up :P) but here's just the basics:

Started with a standard banana bread recipe and its respective ingredients (plus reeses minis and chocolate chips)

Discovered that mashed 'nana looks an awful like scrambled eggs

And added the reeses minis and chocolate chips until there were borderline too many (but really. "there's too much chocolate in this banana bread" said no one ever).

And tah-dah! The finished product. It's absolutely delicious and quickly disappearing in this household!

So that was Monday's culinary adventure. Yesterday's technological adventure was downloading Mountain Lion for my MacBook. What a pain in the butt. I'm sure it was a good thing for the computer but my goodness the only change I've noticed is that there are more wallpapers. Cool, but not entirely worth the 11 hours trying to download and install. 

Today's erm....retail adventure was a crazy dorm room shopping trip at Bed Bath and Beyond. I got SO MUCH STUFF- highlights include Mickey Mouse bandaids, a cute over-door-hook thing (each hook comes off a mini wire dress!), a clip-on fan, and literally 40 hangers. My 'college pile' has now taken over the living room. But I love it. And I have yet to purchase a printer, popcorn popper (cinnamon popcorn is my kryptonite), personal blender (smoothies so I can refuel in class without being obnoxious!) and electric kettle (tea er'ry night)-looking forward to those. 


Tomorrow's adventure will be attempting to get up for a sunrise run. The sun rises around 6:15am (means I gotta get up at 5:30am if I want to be conscious enough not to trip over my own feet) and it's such a serene time to run so I figured I'd give it a shot. I have a few concerns about the run-is it safe? I always run with my RoadID and my keys in hand but it's still way earlier and I don't want to encounter any shenanigans. Or hooligans. But really, the hardest thing for me to get over will be getting my butt out of bed! No worries, I have some incentive this time-a lovely jar of chocolate banana overnight oats for when I get back from my run. 

What's the earliest y'all have gone for a run?




No comments:

Post a Comment