Friday, August 3, 2012

Fitness Survey


1.  Run/workout in the heat and humidity or freezing temps and snow?
Definitely freezing temps and snow. I don't do so well with warm weather runs-no matter how early I get up, the heat seems to get to me. I get dizzy really easily, and warm weather runs tend to start out fine and then get miserable-but cold weather runs start miserable and get better as I warm up. Gotta love that!
2. Have washboard abs or flat abs?
Flat. Not a huge fan of really bulky muscle. I've always strived for the lean muscle look.
3. Dr. Oz or The Doctors?
The Doctors-only because one of the male doctors is quite attractive. But I don't watch it enough to even know his name.
4. Cardio or strength?
Cardio! I'd rather get out and run or bike or hike-just DO something than focus on counting reps.
5. Cravings: Protein or carbs?
Carbs all the way. 
6. Jillian Michaels or Bob Harper?
Never heard of him, and I love her kickboxing videos. So Jillian!
7. Frozen Yogurt or Ice Cream?
I never feel as guilty eating froyo as I do eating ice cream. I also love adding cookie dough bits and cheesecake cubes and crumbled Heath bars to my froyo. Oh and those boba balls? Those are so weird-like fruit caviar!

8. To train: Upper body or Lower body?
Both! I run a lot, so I already get a lower body workout there, and it's been a challenge to balance upper and lower body training beyond that. My running benefits if I train lower body but I wear spaghetti straps and tank tops a lot so I can't develop flabby granny arms or anything.
9. Protein powder or food with protein?
Food with protein. I'm fine adding protein powder to yogurt after a workout or something but I forget sometimes so it's just better if I don't have to worry about adding protein to whatever I'm eating.
10. Lunges or squats?
Squats.
11. Sweet or salty?
Sweet! My sweet tooth is kinda ridiculous. I've always been a dessert person and it hasn't help that I've gotten really good at baking. 
12. Workout attire: cute or comfy?
If I know I'm going to do a hard workout, looking cute (as in, perky ponytail, favorite workout gear) energizes me. If I'm just doing a video at home, you can bet I'm gonna wear my ugliest, comfiest getup.
13. Body Pump or Heavy lifting?
Neither. I'm on the light weight, many reps end of the spectrum.
14. Yoga or Pilates?
Yoga-it's great for stressful days when I need exercise AND a little therapy.
15. Nike or Adidas?
Nike-my Vomero 6's are like running on clouds.
16. Running on the treadmill or outdoors?
Outdoors for really long runs and when its nice and cool out; treadmill when I want to do a specific workout or don't feel like running and can combat that by watching TV simultaneously.
17. Whole Foods or Trader Joes?
Trader Joes-I don't think I've ever tried anything from there that I didn't like. Especially their prices ;)
18. Summer or Winter Olympics?
Summer. Gymnastics and diving and beach volleyball are the greatest to watch.
19. Exercises classes or Exercise videos?
I feel like a noob for saying it, but videos. My favorite is the Pure Barre workouts-they're like a yoga/ballet/pilates fusion and they really make you look like you have a dancer's physique! They inspired me to want to try ballet in college, but the class is full so maybe another quarter. I will definitely be hitting the gym a lot though! I want to branch out and try some group classes. 
For anyone who's interested: http://purebarre.com/
20. Steamed veggies or roasted veggies?
Salad. Nothing beats salad.
Thanks for reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment