Sunday, August 5, 2012

Excitement! Life Updates.

Number One: Contacts!

I've had glasses for three years and my correction is so small that sometimes I don't even bother wearing them, but I knew I wanted to make the transition to contacts before I went off to college. You know, so I can flirt with them college boys without having my frames get in the way ;)

So I've had my contacts now for a couple weeks and well, I suck at putting them in (anyone got any tips?). I don't know why it frustrates me so much but trying to put them in has a string of profanities running through my head. But once they're in, everything is wonderful and lovely again and hey, maybe people will actually be able to see my eyes again! Shoot, now I actually gotta get good at eye makeup hahaha. All in all, worth it. I really do love them when they're in.

Number Two: Class Schedule!

I actually don't get my official class schedule until the 8th but my tentative one is almost complete. What I love about Cal Poly is that for my first quarter, I didn't have to register! They just put me in classes for my major. So I'll be in Stats, Bio, Public Speaking (that'll be an adventure), and an Honors Orientation class. I'm unbelievably happy with my class times, too.  My earliest one starts at 8:40AM and my latest one ends at 7:10PM. I don't have any Friday classes, which is awesome but at the same time I really wouldn't have minded because I'm not a hardcore party-er. And right now I don't have any classes on Thursday either but I still have a bio lab to add in (and a seminar or two).  What am I most excited about?  Plenty of time for morning workouts!

Number Three: I'm in a Double!

Cal Poly has increased their number of triple rooms lately (aka three bodies in a space designed for two)  so I thought FOR SURE I was going to be in one. But I checked my housing dues and was able to tell from the higher cost that I'm in a double. YAAAAAAY!!!! Here's why I'm excited:
-Two people's food in the provided fridge instead of three.
-No bunk beds. It seems dangerous to be climbing up/down from the top bunk when one is half asleep/sick/inebriated/over-emotional.
-What if one of my friends from another school wants to sleep over? Almost impossible in a triple.
-One fewer person to catch/spread any diseases/illnesses/colds to/from.
-3 is just an awkward number of people. Fact.
-One fewer person to see my naked body when I'm changing.
-More room for shoes and clothes. I was definitely worried about that one.
-One fewer person who can snore or sleep talk.
-Can you imagine if all 3 of us were on our periods at the same time??? That's a frightening thought.

(I still don't know which dorm I'm living in. My first two choices were the dorms for the College of Science and Mathematics-my college- or College of Engineering. I love being around mutual nerd-dom. Nothing better.)

I'm really looking forward to starting school. Of course I have all the cliche worries about no one liking me or failing my classes... but then I think about all the things that I know will be wonderful and remember that I just need to trust and stay true to myself, do what I love, get enough sleep and exercise, smile lots, study lots---and I'll be AT LEAST ok if not better. I know college will be an amazing experience for me, but let's be honest. I still have so much more shopping to do before I get there!!!!

Happy Sunday! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment