Monday, August 13, 2012

Mixin' it up Monday

Some things I tried today on my quest to be more adventurous:

1. First Ever Fartlek Run.
I set my alarm for 5:30 and got out of the house around 6:30-started on my standard 3 mile loop. I am so tired of doing the same thing over and over and not getting particularly good at it, so today I tried to make it a little different than normal. I jogged the first mile to warm up, but for the rest of the run I alternated running fast (not quite a sprint) and jogging slow between each lamp post. It didn't feel too hard but it definitely had me huffing and puffing! It was a very satisfying workout---and I came home, showered, and ate breakfast all before 8am!

2. Sephora Makeup Consultation
I went in for some help with a simple, everyday look to wear in college. The actual consultation was a wonderful experience-it was very personal, lots of collaboration on what works best for my needs, she walked me through application techniques and now I look all pretty for the rest of the day! I should go be social or something before I have to take it all off. But oh my lordie-I didn't even purchase all the items she used on me (who really needs eyebrow color anyway) and just chose what I really wanted and she rang me up and all of a sudden I had just spent $185! So basically I left for a good 20 minutes, met up with my mom, told her the damage, and then marched right back in to return $95 worth of what I had just purchased. Lesson learned. I'm fine with splurging at Sephora for things like BB cream (which is a miracle in a tube) and eye shadow primer but I'll stick to Target for things like mascara and concealer. I feel a little dirty on the inside (some quality buyer's remorse right there) but the products I that I did end up with are worth it. So here's a couple pics of what I look like all done up, and what products I purchased!

I can't seem to smile straight or open both my eyes the same amount. And one cheek is pinker than the other. But man, do I feel good!

Samples on the left, purchases on the right. 

3. Vitality Bowls.
There's a place at the mall that sells Acai bowls, paninis, and smoothies. Here's their website: http://www.vitalitybowls.com. I had a 'Nutty Bowl' and it was delicious! It contained "Açaí, Banana, Strawberries, Peanut Butter, Soy Milk, & Apple Juice topped with Granola, Bananas, Almonds, & Honey". Little pricey-$10 for a small bowl (which actually filled me up for lunch) but then again, "healthy" food tends to sell for more. I would totally recommend this place-totally refreshing on a hot day!

My Nutty Bowl. Now we know why they're not called 'Pretty Bowls'.

Tonight I'm making paella! I'm really excited about that-last time I made some it was fantastic. And gone rather quickly. 

What are your favorite makeup routines/looks/products? Ever tried a Vitality Bowl? Ideas for other ways to make running more exciting? Does anyone even read my blog? 




No comments:

Post a Comment