Thursday, August 2, 2012

People who make me LOL: Tim Minchin

He's highly inappropriate. He has a head of ridiculously red hair. He's an amazing musician.

Yes, he's the incredibly hilarious Tim Minchin!

I first discovered his genius during the first semester of my senior year-some friends had listened to his song 'F sharp' in the context of their AP Music Theory class.  To sum it up, he sings in the key of F sharp while playing the piano in the key of F (natural) major.  Anyone with the slightest musical inclination knows how bad this sounds-but he does it all with a goofy grin plastered on his face. Love it. His songs got me through many a night of tedious, boring homework (not the best study habit, but it got me to look forward to doing my work! ;) ).

My all time favorite song of his? "If I Didn't Have You". Take a listen:


"Prejudice" is a close second:


What I really appreciate about his style is that he IS a legitimately talented musician! He has a great voice and is obviously skilled at playing the piano. And yeah, his humor isn't always P.C....and four letter words frequent his songs...and he wears more eyeliner than I do....but I wouldn't have it any other way, because his videos make me laugh until I cry! Quality comedy.

No comments:

Post a Comment